Conservation in Peru Easter Week Special
|Spring 1 week||
|Spring 2 weeks||
- PLACEMENT LOCATION: Taricaya Ecological Reserve and Research Center
- TYPES OF PLACEMENTS: Conservation work in the Amazon Rainforest
- ACCOMMODATION: Shared volunteer dormitory
- AGE REQUIREMENTS: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old
Make the most of your Easter celebration by working with animals in the heart of the Amazon jungle on our Conservation in Peru Easter Week Special project. On this project you will spend a week at the Taricaya Ecological Reserve and Research Centre, where you will join a team of volunteers to contribute to important ongoing rainforest conservation efforts.
Protecting animals, including highly endangered species, is a crucial part of preserving the biodiversity of the Amazon. As animal welfare is a critical part of this project, most of your week will be spent assisting staff at an animal rescue centre. There are 25 different species at the rescue centre, and to date, our staff and volunteers have released a large number back into the wild, including jaguar, puma, tapirs, and several other bird, reptile, and mammal species.
Your role on the Conservation in Peru Easter Week Special
Your tasks on this project can include:
- Feeding animals and maintaining enclosures
- Observing wild animals, reptiles, amphibians and butterflies (some observations are conducted from the tallest canopy walk in South America)
- Assisting local staff with scientific research
- Bird tagging
- Trail maintenance
- Agriculture work on farming plots
At the Conservation Project, you will live with your group at the Taricaya lodge in shared housing. In your free time, you can relax at the lodge and socialize with other volunteers.