Volunteer Coordinator - Sri Lanka
Vacancy for: Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Colombo, Sri Lanka
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's vision is to be the world’s gold standard for international volunteering and internships. We believe we can create positive change in the world through hard work and compassion, for both individuals and entire communities. We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years.
Projects Abroad Sri Lanka is looking for a new Volunteer Coordinator. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with volunteers and organizing volunteer and projects related matters. The main objective of this position is to manage the assigned project area thereby ensuring that volunteers are matched appropriately with placement, activities for volunteers are clearly worked out, volunteers understand their roles and responsibilities, work with placements to fine-tune structure of work being done by volunteers and ensure project quality.
- Ensure that each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in his/her new environment
- Ensure placements are reminded of volunteer’s arrival
- Organize and facilitate induction for volunteers
- Manage all projects and ensure that they are executed efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that volunteer issues and concerns are dealt with efficiently
- Establish new projects for future volunteers and strengthen existing ones
- Develop strategies to ensure that placement activities are worthwhile
- Organize and provide volunteers with materials according to the placement
- Complete questionnaires, feedbacks and other forms on time
- Organize and facilitate meetings, outreaches, workshops with volunteers
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information on projects are uploaded in internal system with pictures
- Maintain up-to-date listings of all relevant stakeholders
- Frequent monitor and evaluate projects to ensure program quality and satisfaction (volunteer and placement)
- Be a Sri Lankan national
- Be fluent in English (fluency in other foreign languages is an advantage)
- Reside within Colombo or Kalutara districts
- Be flexible and able to work outside of office hours
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have experience working with culturally diverse populations in a related field (advantageous)
- Medical related background (studies or work experience) is preferred
To apply, please provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.