Volunteer Coordinator - Samoa
Vacancy for: Project Coordinator
Based: Apia, Samoa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We're looking for a Project Coordinator to be our ‘frontline’ liaison with volunteers. The main objective of this role is to provide excellent customer service by being enthusiastic, efficient and supportive. This requires frequent, timely and effective communication with the local team, host families, project partners and volunteers. The role can lead to flexible working hours, and you should be prepared to assist with additional roles and responsibilities when requested.
The Project Coordinator will mainly be in charge of our Medical and Nutrition project so knowledge and experience on this field will be appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with all staff and volunteers
- Assist with all groups: preparation, schedules, booking, operations and running etc.
- Project planning and tour as needed
- Assist with purchasing materials for volunteers or office
- Manage some of the office documentation
- Covering for inductions, city tours and pick ups
- Be available to work flexible hours
- Help prepare the office documents and welcome packs, and help volunteers with printing and scanning documents
- Inform the Country Director/ Management team immediately of any issues with volunteers
- Assist with additional roles and responsibilities when requested by management team
- Be a Samoan citizen
- Have at least 2 years' experience in a related field (tourism, volunteering, teaching, etc.)
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
Training or studies in Medicine or Nutrition will be an added bonus
You will be employed on a temporary contract, subject to a probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
We offer competitive local salary (including transport allowance)
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please complete the application form and upload:
A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
A two-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training relevant to this role