Program Advisor - USA
Vacancy for: Program Advisor
Based: New York
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Program Advisor is the entry-level position in the Recruitment team at Projects Abroad.
- Promote Projects Abroad, both in-person and remotely
- Design informational materials for perspective volunteers, both in print and online
- Advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world
- Be a university graduate – a liberal arts major is desirable
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Have 1+ year of digital marketing experience, such as content creation or Search Engine Optimization
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a fun but small office environment
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities. An interest in international affairs is desirable
- Have a driver’s license and a good driving record
- Be located in or willing to relocate to New York
- Be legally eligible to work in USA
Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
Please complete the application form and upload a CV and cover letter.
Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview.
Application Deadline: Monday 18th September