Office Support - USA
Vacancy for: Office Support
Based: New York, USA
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the world’s gold standard for international volunteering and internships. We believe we can create positive change in the world through hard work and compassion, for both individuals and entire communities. We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers and interns all over the world for 25 years.
The main purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the New York sales office. The ideal candidates should be passionate about travel and cultural exchange and looking to work as part of a small but vibrant team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deposit Accounts Receivable via checks or via scan
- Notify relevant offices abroad re check deposits
- Manage recurring bill payments
- Process staff transitchek metrocards
- Reconcile checkbook and accounts
- Keep track of office inventory and order supplies
- General office upkeep and reception duties
- File, copying and office assistance
- Liaising with field staff (based in CA, Latin America and Canada) for printed materials and trip logistics
- Arranging event logistics for field staff
New Office Space (move by April 2019)
- Identify suitable office space
- Liaising with agents for new office space
- Assist with logistics for the move
- Be based in the New York area (USA)
- Be eligible to work in the USA
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Have excellent writing skills and a professional telephone manner is essential
- Have experience working with accounts and bookkeeping
- Have experience travelling or living abroad in a developing country (preferred)
- Be empathetic and able to establish a connection with people of all ages
- Be energetic and have a thirst for travelling
This is a permanent, part-time position, subject to a 3-month probationary period. You will work 20 hours per week, in the morning.
Are you interested?
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role
- Please indicate your salary expectations on your cover letter