Finance Officer - UK
Vacancy for: Finance Officer
Based: Brighton, United Kingdom
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We’re looking for a Finance Officer to provide accurate information to help our projects run smoothly. Dedicated to the UK ledger function, this job centres around payment processes.
The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with CFO and Finance Team members in UK.
- Responsible for Projects Abroad Purchase ledger. Check, code and input invoices into the accounting system. Provide details for related accruals and prepayments.
- Record Projects Abroad bank accounts based in the UK including both GBP and non-GBP currency transactions. Reconcile accounts to statements. Reconcile petty cash monthly.
- Record Projects Abroad credit card transactions. Liaise with card holders, ensure all transactions are accurately recorded and authorized.
- Assist with the monthly controls such as UK based payroll and VAT returns.
- Control PA UK cash advances, ensuring accurate recording of advances and expenses.
- Update Fixed Asset Register with additions, depreciation and disposals.
- Prepare financial reports for management as requested.
- 2 or more years' experience in a similar role
- AAT preferred though not essential
- Proven numeracy and Windows Excel skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multitask
This is a part-time, temporary position (6 months initially with a possibility to extend), available for job-share. An offer of employment is subject to a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.