Vacancy for: Content Creator Lead
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have got big plans for the future!
We’re looking for a Content Creator Lead to assist the Digital Content Manager with the implementation of the digital and social media strategy, as well as the development, distribution and publishing of high-quality global digital content across all of Projects Abroad’s websites and social media channels.
The role will include supervision of the work done by Content Creators, project management and delegation of tasks so work is distributed evenly and done to a high quality, as well as taking on some content tasks where necessary.
This role also involves working directly with Operations and Marketing teams around the world to source information updates, new project or destination information, and pro-actively reviewing and correcting existing digital content created by the wider Content team.
You’ll be based in Cape Town, and you’ll work closely with our Marketing team based in the UK.
- Work with the Digital Content Manager to implement and monitor the digital marketing strategy.
- Work with the Digital Content Manager to implement and monitor the social media strategy.
- Work with the Content Creators to create content for the websites, social media accounts and newsletters.
- Support and review the Content Creator’s work on paid and organic social media content, blog writing, newsletters and updating website content.
- Be a secondary key point of contact between Marketing and Operations for updating and adding information about projects to digital channels, especially websites.
- Help add Global Information to all websites, including project reports, project management plans and volunteer stories.
- Identify news stories and blog posts topics, ensure these meet organisational and SEO requirements, and that these are written and distributed.
- Be a creative and conceptual writer and thinker able to come up with content ideas that generate high engagement
- Be proficient with social media platforms
- Be up to date with latest web trends and SEO (preferable)
- Have thorough understanding and knowledge of your target market
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work towards deadlines
- Have good understanding of brand building
- Have 1+ year experience in journalism/writing, 2+ years’ experience in marketing and 1+ year experience in social media advertising (paid and organic)
- Ideally have experience with people management
- Have English editing skills
- Preferably have some experience in the gap year or travel industry
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary & Benefits:
You will be paid a competitive local salary; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
To apply, please provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from all around the world including the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
We have sent over 100,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
To recruit our fee-paying volunteers we use a variety of offline and online marketing measures.