Accounting and Office Assistant
Vacancy for: Administrative and Logistics Assistant
Based: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad Cambodia is looking for an Administrative and Logistics Assistant for one year. We are looking for a detailed oriented and organised person who is willing to take initiative. The applicant must have good English skills, and be confident to communicate with volunteers from around the globe. They should have good writing skills in Khmer. They must be prepared to help with various tasks in and out of the office.
The Administrative and Logistics Assistant will work closely with the Country Director and the Accountant, directly providing administration and accounting support for the office operations. The role will also involve supporting the Country Director and Accountant with office work, including report writing and various other administrative tasks. They will also assist with volunteer support.
Flexibility is key for this role as you will need to be prepared to assist with any additional roles and responsibilities when requested by the Country Director or the Accountant, including outside of usual office hours.
- Update Staff contact list
- Update Partners and NGO List
- Prepare documents to assist Country Director.
- Provide office assistance to Country Director include arrange meeting rooms.
- Assist Accountant with banking process including money withdrawals
- Conduct required shopping for apartments, office, volunteers requests etc with appropriate receipts
- Scanning , saving and filing of documents for Accountant and finance team
- Assist in payments and ensuring invoices are paid on time and correctly
- Support on other office works assigned by Accountant and Country Director if required
- Assist with apartments maintenance as part of apartment team
- Assist Accountant supervising cooks
- Inventory list
- Writing reports for relevant Ministries and Departments
- Providing general induction for volunteers in the office
- Assist with pick-up as required and appointed by Management Team (sometimes required to work evenings or weekends)
- Follow up and double check transportations such as Tuk Tuks and pick-up and arrival costs to make sure that the set prices are accurate and transparency with the high responsibilities.
Preferably be an Administration Graduate or studying in a related field
Have experience at office, admin work or finance
Have knowledge of writing reports
Have excellent English skills
The successful candidates will be employed on a 1 year contract. An offer of employment is dependant upon receipt of satisfactory references, and two successful interviews.
To apply: please complete the online application form, and upload a CV and Cover Letter.