Volunteer Advisor Positions
The Volunteer Advisor is an integral part of the Projects Abroad team, working closely with all members of staff and working with the guidance and supervision of the Head of the Volunteer Advisors. The Volunteer Advisor is responsible for maintaining a relationship with each volunteer for the whole cycle of their experience with Projects Abroad, from the moment they apply to encouraging them to become active alumni. Before volunteers arrive in destination, Volunteer Advisors provide them with as much information as possible about their placement, and also receive detailed information from them about their expectations and skills. We will then be able to match volunteer preferences with the needs of the placements.
We are currently seeking applications for this position. Successful applicants will work out of our Volunteer Advisor Office for North American volunteers, which is located in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Be living in Guadalajara or willing to relocate there.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably in Communication, Customer Service, Tourism, Business Administration, PR
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Have excellent customer service and sales background.
- Have the ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Be able to meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Be a team player who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Be confident with the main social media platforms
- Be highly organized and able to plan your time efficiently and independently.
- Be flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback.
- Have international travel/volunteer work experience
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview. You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Please visit projectsabroad.orangehrmlive.com for more information and to apply. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted. No phone calls, please.